Uh, yeah. I'm learning Arabic already. Kind of. I figured I should try to know SOMETHING before I get there so that when I arrive I won't be in complete shock. I haven't been listening to my Arabic lessons as consistently as I should, though. But most importantly I can say, "Do you understand English?" in Arabic. GOOD DEAL. Haha. So anyway, I heard back from my Arabic school. I think I am all set. Whew. And I made a new friend in Egypt already! One of my good friends in Florida is from Cairo and she knows some great people, so things are looking more and more positive. I still have that 8 hour layover. But I was told that for about $40 I can lounge out in the "World Perks Club" at the Detroit airport. Niiiiice. hahaha...I'll be getting a few drinks. Maybe. Or maybe not, since I have some nice sleeping pills to get me to Egypt in good condition.
Well, I've been shopping like crazy trying to get clothes that will be "modest" and "comfortable" (i.e. loose and ugly). I'm slightly unhappy about having to change my style...but I think the change will be less drastic than my mom thinks will be appropriate. Most of my clothes will work with slight tweaking, like a shawl...I'm hoping. Some of the clothes I bought are actually cute. I've heard that some people get to Egypt and try to fit in by wearing torn up, loose, weird looking, hippie clothes. I don't know why they think that will make them fit in. Interesting American tourists...I'm sure I'll do some crazy stuff, too, but come on...haha. My new friend in Egypt said The GAP look is good. So I'll stick with that.
I am so so so so so so excited! It hasn't really sunk in yet that I'm leaving in a week. 7 days from tomorrow. CRAZY. I have so much to do still, but most shopping is done and I am making contacts. Can't wait.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment